Mount Rainier  

Posted by Michael



I grabbed my camera just in time to snap some of these as we passed by the 14,411 ft volcano. Though it ranks 21st in the "tallest mountains" category, it was stunning both in Seattle (60 miles away) and what seemed like a few feet from our airplane.




When I took this I thought about that Bob Ross guy who was on "The Joy Of Painting". Remember that guy with the poofy hair that would paint a masterpiece, draw a huge black line down the middle of it at the end and then somehow make it look really good?? Anyway, this made me think about him painting snow with his little fan brush on the mountain. He would whisper everything: "We'll take this fan brush and just cover this little guy with snow...he's a happy mountain now".
God makes it look a little better than Bob did though.



This entry was posted on Monday, March 3, 2008 at Monday, March 03, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

I can hear you impersonating Bob. "It's a happy mountain now." Great pictures...thanks for posting the ridiculous one of me.

March 4, 2008 at 9:13 AM
Anonymous  

"Happy Clouds." Awesome. Great Shots.

March 4, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Great pictures.

March 4, 2008 at 10:53 AM

Haha, thanks for the Bob shout out. May he rest in peace:)

March 4, 2008 at 12:39 PM

I covet your picture taking ability! Great pictures! Looks like a fun trip.

March 4, 2008 at 9:43 PM

I love happy mountains...great pics Bleecker! Thanks for letting me use your camera for Cassie's wedding...sorry I held it hostage for so long.

March 5, 2008 at 9:46 AM

i love bob

March 6, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Thanks for sharing. Do support us.
2 deoxy d glucose Manufacturer in India

August 11, 2021 at 5:54 AM

Post a Comment