Day 15: Quick Update  

Posted by Michael

All flights were canceled today leaving Darfur, so we have stayed here today. We were supposed to fly out early tomorrow morning from Khartoum and then catch our other 5 flights before getting home-Those flight aren't happening either.
Matt has been stressed working with an airline company who didn't want to work with us and has had an upset stomach on top of that. A few hours ago, Katherine Rudisill, an incredible woman and good friend, drove to see my wife, called us from my home and told us that she woke up this morning with truth and a word for us. We were all sitting around the computer listening to her speak truth that affected all of us in one way or another.
She told us that he had given her a passage which says, "For even when we came into Macedonia our flesh had no rest, but we were afflicted on every side: conflicts without, fears within. But him, who comforts the depressed, comforted us by the coming of Titus."
She told us that we needed to confess things to one another and ask for forgiveness from one another and pray and worship and ask him to renew our hope, our joy and our knowledge that he will move and break and heal here. After we got off the phone, that is exactly what we did. It was an amazing time for us. When we were done, Matt's dad called and told us that the flights tomorrow are taken care of, that we weren't going to have to pay the thousands we thought we were going to have to pay, and that we should be home the same exact time we were planning on coming home all along. Incredible.
Thank you for thinking about us out here. We love you all and can't wait to be home.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at Wednesday, September 17, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

13 comments

I have been reading your entries, praying for your safe return. Looking forward to see you onstage. Love ya, Michael...be sure to give Beau a hug for me, as well as Matt (I don't know him but he's my brother!) and Jamie.

September 17, 2008 at 7:21 PM

I'll be praying for the teams safe return and thankful for your impact on the people there. God is good...

Oh... and although I live in FloMo there is a "donk" close that sometimes wakes me up ;-)

September 18, 2008 at 8:00 AM

Your stories and pictures are amazing! I agree with Faith, these photos are award-winning...esp. that one of the three women. Just awesome!

Praying for a safe return. -Allison

September 18, 2008 at 10:05 AM

Bleeker,
Thanks for opening up your heart in this blog! My heart has longed for my home of Africa since the day you guys left. Each line and photo has been a blessing and an insight into the greater things yet to come for the cities you guys visted. I can't wait to be apart of it through the Village. I am praying for each of you as you journey home, knowing that you will hit the runway in Dallas in full go mode into the things of life here. I pray that each of you will bring to us fresh eyes with which to see that world and that the parts of you that God has shifted and changed will begin to grow towards the things He taught you there.

September 18, 2008 at 1:42 PM
Anonymous  

Hey guys! Glad you are going to make it home to the US in spite of the changes in travel. Sorry we couldn't meet up with you in Nairobi - it would have had us traveling back after dark, which is a big "NO-NO!"
Sounds like it was an amazing trip. Our prayer was that God would enlarge your heart for the people of Africa!
One last thing - can you give Katherine R. a big hug and hello for me when you return? She is amazing. I don't have any contacts for her - email, etc. It would encourage our hearts so much to have her praying for us here. Bob already has many sad stories of his patients in the hospital.
Enjoy your family! We love you all and miss you!

September 20, 2008 at 1:22 AM

Absolutely amazing. I have enjoyed following your trip. Thank you so much for chronicling it on your blog. Blessings and hugs.
Elizabeth

September 20, 2008 at 10:16 AM
Anonymous  

I cannot tell you the impact your trip and photos have had on my heart. I wish I could distinguish between God placing something on my heart and plane old guilt. Maybe I shouldn't try and just simply act on the feeling.

September 22, 2008 at 5:53 PM

Michael!! It has been years! You probably don't even remember me. This is Megan Robinson, well, Megan Card now. My mom Janet used to be Grant Byrd's secretary at FBC McKinney back in the day. Anyway, I stumbled across your blog and just wanted to say hi. Looks like things are going well for you! I'll be a regular reader of your blog now!!

October 16, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Hey Michael, I'm still praying for you guys to get home from Darfur safely. It sure has been a long time! Hoping for a praise update soon! ;)

October 21, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Just checking, because I thought that I saw you on stage the past couple of weeks, but this says you are still in Darfur. Hope things worked out ok...and you made it safely stateside. :)

November 10, 2008 at 8:33 AM

So, has Michael made it home yet? ;)

November 21, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Post a Comment