In Entebbe, Uganda  

Posted by Michael


We made it! I am in a internet cafe right now down the street from our hotel. We are having an incredible time so far.
The hotel looks really shady from the outside but it's actually really great.

The room was great and lunch today was interesting, but really good. We went to bed last night at 12:30a and I woke up at 8a. I was completely up so I read a chapter of a book I'm reading (The Reason For God) and then decided to lay my head back on the pillow. I woke up at 1:20p. Jet lag is rough and weird but we all got up, ate lunch and we're walking around Entebbe today trying to find a mosque and see the rest of the city. Beau got up last (around 1:45p) and met us for lunch as we were finishing up. I was eating a chapati (a rolled up corn tortilla) and Beau asked me where I got my "enchilada". We all laughed, especially me because that's something I would say.
I'm trying to download pic's right now but it's taking a long time. I'm not sure I'll get any posted today but I'll try tomorrow maybe.

Thank you for praying for us. We've only been awake in Africa for a few hours and it's already been fruitful.

It looks like I got one pic up. That's our hotel.

I love you. Thank you for loving me and calling out to God for us as we speak and live out the love of Christ to those in Africa for 2 weeks.

- Michael

This entry was posted on Friday, September 5, 2008 at Friday, September 05, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

11 comments

Hey honey! So glad to see the updated blog...just woke up. Email me when you can!

September 5, 2008 at 7:14 AM

Hey honey! I'm trying to get on Hotmail. Vernon is signing me onto his gmail account right now. I'll email you from there.
Give Evan a big kiss for me. I love you!

September 5, 2008 at 7:19 AM

Beau loves him some enchiladas! I bet he really wanted chips & queso too. ;)

September 5, 2008 at 7:31 AM

You are having chapati's I am so jealous! Even when I make them here, not the same as the ones from a kitchen fire in africa! Little bit of butter and those are the most amazing breakfast in the world. Also good for well...anytime!
Praying for you guys while you are there....and for the gang you left here.

September 5, 2008 at 9:30 AM

So glad to hear you guys made it safe! Praying for the trip.

September 5, 2008 at 9:49 AM

Glad to hear you guys made it safely to Africa. We are praying for your safety and for God to great things in your life while your there!!!

September 5, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Anonymous  

So glad we are on the same continent with other "Village-ites!!" Wish travel was easier so we could all see one another. We will be in prayer for you all asking the Lord to touch your heart deeply for the beautiful people of Africa. Enjoy those chapatis! Love, from The Kenyans!

September 6, 2008 at 1:31 AM

Post a Comment